Boardbound Colorado Releases Latest Progress Report –
Colorado is making progress at a faster rate and is on par with the national average for the first time:
- Colorado public companies have 21% women on their boards.
- With an increase of 4 percentage points in 2020, Colorado’s pace is much improved from the average of 0.8 p.p. in early years 2011-17
- Over 80% of public companies now include a woman on their board which is a reversal from a majority all-male boards as recently as 2014
- 20% of Colorado public companies have 3 or more women on their board versus only 7% in 2015
- Women are a much higher proportion of new board appointments with 34% in 2020 versus 15% in 2017
- Colorado Russell 3000 companies have 23% women on boards—and have closed the gap with national average for the first time
Read the full report based on data as of 12/31/2020.